The latest edition of ‘The Review’, Vol. XXIV, No. 3, Autumn 2016, is now available. Members receive ‘The Review’ for free but copies can also be purchased by non-members. Please email info@Pre‑Raphaelitesociety.org for details.
- “A ‘Damned Proeraphaelite’? George du Maurier’s Ekphrastic Drawings for Good Words, Once a Week and The Cornhill (1860-65)” by Francoise Baillet.
- “Edward Burne-Jones’s The Planets: The Cartoon of Mars at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery” by Liana De Girolami Cheney.
- “’Images of Desire’: Twenty Sketches by Simeon Solomon (1868)” by Carolyn Conroy.
- “Symbolic Realism: Science and the Poetic in early Pre-Raphaelite Painting” by Lea Felicitas Doding.
- “James Smetham: Wesleyan Pre-Raphaelite” by Peter S. Forsaith.
- “”Her False Crafts”: Morgan Le Fay and the Wild Women of Sandys’s Imagination” by Sally-Anne Huxtable.
- “Music & Memory: John Roddam Spencer Stanhope’s The Gentle Music of a Bygone Day and William Morris’s The Earthly Paradise” by Simon Poe.
- “The Problematic Art of Ilustrating ‘Moxon’s Tennyson’” by Heather Stevenson.