As Pre-Raphaelites: Beauty and Rebellion at the Walker Art Gallery enters its final few weeks, we’re excited to be able to offer the chance to win a signed exhibition catalogue to Pre-Raphaelite Society Twitter followers. The 128-page, full-colour publication by writer, art historian and curator, Christopher Newall, features more than 100 works by celebrated Pre-Raphaelite artists.
Containing new, fascinating research the book positions Liverpool as the Victorian art capital of the north and examines the patrons and painters in Liverpool who embraced the Pre-Raphaelite movement. The book explores the relationship between artists such as Ford Madox Brown and Rossetti and their Liverpool contemporaries, collectors and the institutions that welcomed them, notably the forward-thinking Liverpool Academy. Featuring insights from contributing writers Ann Bukantas and David Taylor patronage is explored as an important aspect of British artistic culture in the 19th century.
To win a signed copy of the catalogue follow the Pre-Raphaelite Society on Twitter (@PreRaphSoc), like and share one of the competition tweets, and answer the following question by Direct Message to @PreRaphSoc*:
What year did the Walker Art Gallery open?
Pre-Raphaelites: Beauty and Rebellion runs at the Walker Art Gallery until 5 June. The catalogue is available to buy online.
*Terms & Conditions
• This promotion is open to all residents in the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees of National Museums Liverpool, Pre-Raphaelite Society committee members, their agents, or anyone who is professionally associated with this promotion.
• Entry to the competition is possible via Twitter: Follow the Pre-Raphaelite Society Twitter page, retweet and like one of the competition tweets, and direct message @PreRaphSoc with your answer.
• Entrants must enter the competition using Twitter. No other entries are accepted.
• Prize for the competition is one signed exhibition catalogue for Pre-Raphaelites: Beauty and Rebellion and includes postage within the mainland UK.
• The promotion is open until 23:59pm 05/06/16.
• The winner will be selected at random and will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter.
• The Promoter will not be liable for entries not received. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
• The Prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold, or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond their control.
• The winners will be notified within 7 working days of the closing date via Direct Message on Twitter. In the event of the claim for a prize not being received within 14 working days, the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
• By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and the winners consent to participate in any reasonable publicity required for and on behalf of the promoters.
National Museums & Galleries on Merseyside (NMGM) is an exempt charity by virtue of Schedule 3 to the Charities Act 2011. National Museums Liverpool, 127 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2JH.