The latest edition of ‘The Review’, Vol. XXIII, No. 3, Autumn 2015, is now available. Members receive ‘The Review’ for free but copies can also be purchased by non-members. Please email info@Pre‑Raphaelitesociety.org for details.
1. “’Twofold silence as the Song of Love’: the application of Pater’s concept of Anders-streben, within his discourse of Aestheticism, to Dante Gabriel Rossetti’s The House of Life” by Azelina Flint.
2. “Richard Doyle and John Everett Millais: Their Tempests Revisited” by Naoko Asano.
3. “Reinventing Malory’s Le Morte Darthur: Conflicted Chivalry in the Early Prose of William Morris” by Ellen O’Brien.
4. “’Art is Promoted by a Cultivated Mind’ A Victorian Collector’s Thoughts on Pre-Raphaelitism” by Duncan Walker.
5. “Unfinished” a poem by Sarah Doyle.
6. Announcement: The John Pickard Essay Prize for 2015.
7. Announcement: The Pre-Raphaelite Society Poetry Prize for 2015.
8. “Book Review Sculpture Victorious Exhibition Catalogue by Martina Droth, Jason Edwards & Michael Hatt” by Stephen G. Maddison.
9. “Book Review The Subject of a Portrait by John Harvey” by Jordan Kistler.
10. “Book Review Those Wild Wyndhams: Three Sisters at the Heart of Power by Claudia Renton” by Helen Robinson.
11. “Book Review The Many Faces and Voices of Angela Thirkell: A Literary Examination of the Brotherton Collection by Mary Faraci” by Mark Jones.
12. “Book Review The People’s Galleries: Art Museums and Exhibitions in Britain, 1800-1914 by Giles Waterfield” by Madeleine Pearce.
13. “Book Review Louisa Waterford and John Ruskin: ‘For you have not Falsely Praised’ by Caroline Ings-Chambers” by Nic Peeters.
14. “Book Review The Correspondence of Dante Gabriel Rossetti 10, Index, Undated Letters and Bibliography” by Simon Cooke.
15. “Book Review The Pre-Raphaelites and Italy Exhibition Catalogue by Colin Harrison and Christopher Newall” by Stephen G. Maddison.
16. “Book Review Liberating Fashion: Aesthetic Dress in Victorian Portraits by Rhian Addison & Hilary Underwood” by Katja Robinson.
17. “Book Review Samuel Palmer: Shadows on the Wall by Matthew Vaughan” by Mark Jones.
18. “Book Review Bodies of Light by Sarah Moss” by Kirsty Stonell Walker.
19. “William Morris” a poem by Edward Nudelman.
20. Meeting Reports.
21. Notes and Queries.